View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
Fast Intentions without a double and no need to think twice. The craftsmanship and quality supersedes HKS.
Think twice. HKS has all the power and none of the drone, scraping issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstann View Post
I wouldn't go and call HKS bad or worse than FI - I have personally handled both in person, and I would argue that both are of fantastic craftsmanship. That being said, I personally think if you like a drone-less exhaust, and I mean drone-less: HKS is the way to go.
I agree. FI Is a quality exhaust, just not as good as HKS IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
I'm not saying HKS is a POS, but I have heard A LOT more people ask/talk about F. I. than HKS. Seems that F. I. has a lot of options to chose from, but then I have never really bothered to look into HKS for exhaust. HSK is an all around good company, but their exhaust for the Z wouldn't be my top five.
People ask/talk about FI because it is cheaper and more readily available. HKS does nothave the options like FI, but different strokes for different folks. And for what it's worth, people that have HKS are the ones that looked into both...

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Angelo350Z/ View Post
I'm sure most people would vote for what they have OP, I sure did. Really not a fan of HKS-equipped 350Zs so I didn't even consider it for my 370Z. They look amazing though.
This is true. People like what they bought. Most don't make an honest comparison beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentstuh View Post
F.T. !!!! PWNS THE #@&%^&^*@ OUT OF HKS.
Correct me if im wrong but... you will only gain 1hp from HKS ?
LOL someone told me this before...

FI CBE Carbon Fiber Non Res. after 1 year.... still love it. ITS SOUNDS SO GOD DAMN AMAZING. NO lie NO joke. Smash it going through a tunnel... you will know what i am talking about. FI hands down. I cant express enough lol.
I will correct you. HKS gains the same as FI. And I go through tunnels with my buddies with their FI exhaust and more often than not, mine is determined the best sounding system... from them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
I had both I would go for HKS if I had to do it again so I voted for HKS.

For those who voted FI. did you really compared it with HKS or its just because have it?
This. People are voting for what they bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370ZYZFR1 View Post
I posted it somewhere else and not on this thread also. Forgot.

So guess who is number 925!! Me! Tony did a good job taking the time to walk though options and explain everything to me. Probably spent 20 to 30 min on the phone. As of right now I am going with the full cbe I may add the resonated hfc, just don't know how loud it will all be. If I do add the resonated hfc I will definitely do the FI ones without a doubt after talking with Tony.

Went with stainless 18 inch resonators.

Can't wait!!
I am sure you will be happy with your exhaust. FI is a great system and a lot of people love it. I just don't understand why people have to knock HKS in order to feel good about their FI purchase! Maybe FI versus ARK or CNT would be a fairer comparison...

my

(flame suit on)

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote