View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
Are you only attending national-level events where contingencies are on the line, or are you actually running into this stuff at local SCCA-affiliated events?
I have done them all and didnt enjoy most of them. I have had to work 2.5 hours for less than 3 minutes of seat time. I have had to work at night because the event went too long. I had an event that was cancelled with no refund due to heavy rain, this was after I sat out for 2 hours. There were also quirky politics and rules too. It's not everyone's cup of tea. If you like it, more power to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauskycop View Post
Chicago Region ALWAYS has 6 runs...always. Which region do you run? Only 3 runs, and I would be a bit put off also...

Tracy Ramsey
I don't think 6 run is the norm for most SCCA clubs, simply too many people.

I had posted this before, but they need to start having paid corner workers or at least minimize the working time. Its pathetic to be standing in the hot sun for such a long time for little seat time. I might as well do an amusement park ride if that is the case.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote