View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #60 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imag View Post
Yeah - I've been wondering about how bad the balance would be with just fronts. Although the fact that people have been destroying rear rotors with just HP+ pads worries me. I realize that better fronts would lighten the load on the rears to some extent, but I still don't like going to a different setup than what AP or StopTech have engineered. Both companies really care about balance, so I'd tend to trust them if they swap both. On the other hand, they are trying to sell brakes...
The balance is fine with Brembos front 6 piston upgrade. I am extremely happy with mine. It uses your stock rotors and just comes with pads, calipers and lines. I get my stuff wholesale, but Lou @ amplified sells the kit for 1800, which is a really good deal and well worth it.

Chris,
My first track day with the car I was running HP+ in front and stock on the rear. I wore the rears completely down to the backing plate in one 20 minute session (little talladega). HP+ rears lasted me 1 day at road atlanta and 1 day at little talladega.
Ferodo DS2500 rears lasted me 3 days at CMP and 1 at Road Atlanta.

For comparison, with the front brembos came with FM1000 pads, which are supposed to be the same compound as the 2500s, I have gotten 5 full days at CMP and Road A, and they will probably make my next two days at Road A before needing replacement. My front rotora rotors however, have all kinds of stress cracks in them.

I've never had anywhere near the issues with brakes on either my 350z or C6, but that could be because I was only doing 1-2 events a year, and early this summer stepped that up to 1-2 per month, so I am driving a lot better now.