View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
Re coilovers, yes, definitely... in fact, here's my current shopping list:
Quote:
1. oil cooler... A BIG ONE ! maybe central 20
Yes to the oil cooler, just get something that works, doesn't have to be $2000 to work.

Quote:
2. swap fluids for higher heat ones... ATE for brakes... trans ? diff ? 80-20 water to anti freeze... Pure Power Motor Oil (thanks DDM !)
Absolutely, do your brake fluid too while youre doing fluids

Quote:
3. HP... intake kit, pulley kit, test pipes, cat-back (agency power)
Sounds good, but the pulley kit mod isn't really to gain HP.

Quote:
5. enkei wheels + Toyo R888s... likely 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 with 255s and 305s
Can't go wrong with the R888's. I'd go 265 in the fronts though. Did you get much understeer on the track? Which enkeis are you looking at? RPF1's wont fit over the stock brakes in 18's, at least I really dont think so...

Also so you know, the R888's are good because they will last more than a few track days...however if its performance you are after...Hoosier R6's is 100% the way to go...

Quote:
6. Hawk + brake pads
Are you talking about the Hawk HP+ ? Those are pretty good. I might start with them too.

Quote:
4. possible rear dif cooler... trans cooler
Yeah that's not a bad Idea at all.

Quote:
8. swap battery for oddyssey pc680

Quote:
9. remove another 200 pounds... already pulled 100 lbs of plastic/spare tire... try to shift weight to rear
Aim for 50/50.

Quote:
10. racing seat + harness (can i do 6-pt w/o roll cage ?)
More like do you NEED a 6 point? Honestly, probably not. A normal harness will do IMO.

Quote:
11. continue race car mods... full roll cage, fire supression
If you're doing that then scrap your first 10 points lol, just go full race.

I like everything you are doing. The only stuff you need not forget and should actually be near the top of your list is upgrading your braking system a bit. RBF600 brake fluid, Hawk HP+ pads and DBA 5000 rotors. Stainless brake lines would be highly suggested as well, I currently have BFGoodridge ones and they do the job.

Other than that, on!
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote