View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post

Re handling per RCZ... you're absolutely right, it is a simple weight transfer issue, i should have thought of that... i was thinking uneven braking b/c it always seemed to break loose to the right, but that's b/c i was turning slightly left... the boxster is the only car i've tracked before this one and I was used to the heavier mid/rear and extremely stable trail braking... I believe you're right that a stiffer suspension and some practice will help me manage this better. if it continues to be an issue for me, perhaps I can have the brake bias front-rear tweaked ?Cheers
I wouldn't touch the brake balance just yet. I think you just need to upgrade your suspension and adjust your driving a little. If it were one of your first trackdays I'd say to leave it stock for a while and learn to adjust your driving, however since you have as much experience as you do, I think you could just jump to a nice set of coilovers and perhaps an anti-lift kit.

Also Mike, why don't you slap on an oil cooler before taking it to the track?

Last edited by RCZ; 02-01-2009 at 04:39 PM.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote