View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
imag
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough

This is just me, and I know I'm on the wrong part of the forum to say it, but I think the S/C is just going to cause issues in the long term. On the track, it means you need a full BBK, the transmission may have issues, the differential will definitely need a swap or a serious cooler, and engine cooling may be an issue again. That means the S/C really costs $10K+ if you want to use it (traffic light drags are obviously another issue)

I'm going to spend some of that money on track time. As they said at my last track day, if you invest the money in the car, the car goes faster, but when you sell it, you're the same speed. If you invest the money in driving, you will always be faster. I will make an exception for Travis, who already seems to be a pretty hot shoe, and who needs to get out there and spank some 'vettes with his Z...

Anyway, just my $0.02. I think this car with the intake and exhaust is already reasonably fast in the right hands. If I do drop more coin, it will be on a Caterham
imag is offline   Reply With Quote