View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volk Z View Post
A 4 cylinder turbo with equivalent hp as the 370z but with 400 pounds less would be a much more enjoyable driving experience. The VQ should retire it had a great 11 to 12 year run but it's time for a refresher. The vq37 has more issues with oil burning etc then my vq35de ever had so progressively it's getting worse reliable wise. My old 350z had the same amount of oil to the drop for 7 years of me changing the oil yet this motor eats up oil.

I'm not hating the VQ as this is my 3rd Z in 12 Years but it's time for a refresh. The Z also needs to go on a serious diet and lose at least 300 pounds
i just dont see 300+BHP out of a 4cyl turbo coming in a Z. i would love it since it would probably be a pretty strong block where you could do a turbo swap and bump the HP a bunch without having to do a full bottom end forging. so it could work in the long run i guess.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote