View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #56 (permalink)
KyleBucket
Base Member

Drives: '14 Mercedes CLA 250
KyleBucket is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to KyleBucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepro View Post
I was trying to be nice...but I work next to the benz store, my father managed benz for 2 years, and they gave him the option of witch store he wanted(formerly did gmc, Pontiac, Acura,Isuzu, Chevy etc all for the same company) and after managing EVERY service dept, he took Honda permanently, I quote, "benz is a nightmare" and we constantly have techs from benz(and acura-but only because they do not turn the hours we do) wanting in our Honda store...they hate working on those things...Again I understand that you cannot fully appreciate my standpoint, because you cannot, I am in business, I 100% understand WHY you are frustrated, no one wants their vehicle to break, but it happens...I put a wheel bearing in a 2012 pilot today(not physically), its a little more than a year old! We have a lot of "happy" 2014 owners that cannot get their tpms lamps to stop coming off because of a software issue on them, it NEVER ends, human beings are incapable of producing any product without error, its a fact of life. We get cars on the hook too, had 2 towed in today...one a 2011 no start and the other a 2013 accord that we literally cannot figure out(no we are not incompetent, have some of the best tech in western PA and I would bet money on that), every warning light has come on 4 times now even after numerous calls to tech line and software updates, if it wasn't owned by the local community college I feel there would already be a lemon law case in process, luckily we have a good relationship with them, and they understand it was a first model year, and its broke. Again, you just have to step back and take the emotion out of it, our expectations are so high because of multiple reasons, advanced technology, the economy, etc, we are trained to want perfection...but we cannot have it, and at lease in our short lifetimes, will never partake in anything such, at least in the automotive sector

On your second note, I rather see a salesman roll up in a "practical" brand car, honda, ford, toyota, chevy, etc rather than a benz, lexus, infiniti,etc...to ME it sends the wrong message, if you can afford a luxury car, your company is paying you too much, which means I am or going to overpay for your product, yup, it comes with a stereotype.
Hey, I appreciate the honesty. That's why I've continued to talk to you like an adult. I know you're just being honest and you clearly know your stuff. However, I'm not going to go into every car assuming "this one is going to be a dud." Why? Because I'd never buy a car period! The difference between the Z and the two others I've owned? This one BECAME the dud. However, I still loved the car. I'm not dumping it just because it broke. I'm dumping it because it turned into a headache ON TOP OF horrid customer service. Horrid.

I get what you're saying about the "practical sales car," however that's your opinion. The luxury car stereotype when it comes to money is stupid. I'm overpaid because I can afford a 29K car (36K the way I have built)? No. Everyone's living situation and lifestyle is different. For the record, I'm not putting myself into a situation I cannot afford (not that that's anyone business, just putting it out there). You know how much my fully loaded '08 Si was? 28K. My Z when I drove it away with only 7K miles on it? Worth 38K. I got it for 29K. Basically the same price as the entry level Benz.

The facts are they're making these cars more affordable for a reason - to compete with the companies you just said. Most of the Benz dealers are saying this car's competition has been misconstrued. They built it to take away from the Camrys and co. because they want someone to say "well, if I can have them both for the same price...I'll always take the Mercedes." Debatable (the competition part), but I can see it. The CLA for me gives me what the I want. It meets in the middle The Z has the power I'd like and the look (and unfortunately this one gave me issues). The Honda had the reliability I loved (but cheap interior and I wanted to step up from the Honda world when I got the Z). The CLA has the best of both for me. A luxury interior, a sporty styling, technology I love (I graduated with an IT degree) and it's practical. The risks that come with every car are worth the reward in this case. They no longer are with the Z and the treatment I've gotten from Consumer Affairs has pushed me to that point. I'm not getting it because it's a damn Mercedes Benz. I'm not that person...my female cousin is and I actually resent her for it (Bimmer). She put herself in a car she can't afford because of the name it comes with. I resent the names, but I'm not going to NOT buy something I want because others will judge me. I'm buying it for me, not them. Also, most places I go to, me or my car isn't even seen. I'm not seen until I'm standing at a receptionist desk, lol!

As I said in the beginning of this post though, I appreciate you keeping it straight.

Last edited by KyleBucket; 01-09-2014 at 08:01 PM.
KyleBucket is offline   Reply With Quote