View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #320 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsouth View Post
Not trying to start a debate or anything, but wouldn't replacing the seats compromise safety? I want to put some buckets in my z, but eliminating the airbag in the seat makes me nervous. Also, from my understanding, putting 5 point harnesses in a street car is also dangerous (if your roll and don't have a roll cage). So is it better to run 3 point harnesses with bucket seats? So I guess my question is... Do buckets really make the car more dangerous? I want to get buckets, but I'm on the fence.
Well cars for years have gotten 5 star crash ratings without seat air bags. And since a bucket seat holds you in and protects your hips etc, I'd say its way safer than a standard seat where you can flop around and slide left and right into that seat airbag! As for a 5 point, again that's safer because it holds you in. Not sure what a roll cage has to do with anything. If you roll a 3 point doesn't hold your nuts in. Roll cage or not, in a roll I don't want my head hitting the ceiling.