Thread: MN Z owners...
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #490 (permalink)
1cleanZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 PW Nismo
1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zFire View Post
Sorry guys- didn't mean to sleep in this thread- and then just post when I need something... ;-)

I have a little problem that I am hoping you MN guys might be able to help assist with. I've got all the Seibon carbon on my Z that one could put on- and I left it unpainted. A while ago, someone tried to break in and slim-jim the lock. Obviously they couldn't because they ended up breaking the window, but not before putting two large parallel cracks above the door handle in the carbon door.

Anyone of you MN guys know of a fiberglass shop that would attempt a cosmetic repair- sanding down the gel coat all the way to the cf, polishing it, and re-epoxying to fill it in as best possible?

Is this even remotely possible? Seibon sells the doors... in pairs.

Thanks!

(PS- and I'll be ready to meet up in the spring as well.)

Damn man, hate to hear about something like that happening, especially with quality parts.

Now, to know if you can actually repair it, how deep is the crack? Is the actual weave damaged or is it just the topcoat? The extent of the damage will determine if its repairable or not. IF the weave has damage, there's simply no way to repair it. You could still repair the topcoat so its still a minor flaw, just won't be as noticable.

Not many shops will even consider looking at it since its "custom work", but if there is a shop that will, I would recommend Automotive Concepts. I personally know some of the staff and they're definitely no joke.

Otherwise, Chad Raskovich is the man when it comes to restoration and detailing. "Rasky's Detailing" is what he goes by, but he's well known throughout the US and Canada for his work.
2009 PW Nismo #0021 -My Built Progress >>1cleanG to 1cleanZ<<
Team NextLevel

Last edited by 1cleanZ; 01-08-2014 at 10:01 AM.
1cleanZ is offline   Reply With Quote