Thread: K&N or AEM
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
1st
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Platinum Z
1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog007 View Post
Please forgive my ignorance but what are MAF Tubes and what do they do? I've only owned my 2010 370z for a short time and want to do some upgrades. I have heard that the K&N drop in is a very cheap and good thing to do. And I am probably going to order the FI Catback 18" soon. Before I order anything though, I want to make sure I am going down the right path. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
MAF tubes = Mass Air Flow tubes. They basically replace the black accordion tubes that are stock on the intake boxes. Found here http://www.z1motorsports.com/g37_370...oducts_id=5292
I guess they offer smooth flow without the turbulence and you would swap out the oem filters in the oem air boxes with the K&N drop-ins instead. Believe it or not but the oem intakes are up to par. If your seeking performance and gains Stillen G3’s are the way to go. This whole intake thing though is like talking oil. But like others have stated Oem, MAF Tubes with drop-in’s or G3. These are the best options.
1st is offline   Reply With Quote