View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 01:02 AM   #58 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
That's all fine, but it relies on the same static spring perch height. Any decent shock is going to have a threaded perch for the spring, which you move up. You won't lose any dynamic bump travel, even with a 7" spring. There is a considerable weight savings to be had by using a 7x2.25" spring vs a 9-10" larger diameter spring as well. I want to say the rear was a 5 or 5.5" ID spring in the rear.
Edit: o wait you guys are talking about the rear aren't you?

You talking about the spring height moving with a sleeve around the shock body, or the whole shock body moving for height! I always thought coilovers worked by adjusting the sleeve around the shock body that the spring sits on till I watched the fortune auto video about how to set up their shock and can see the whole shocks spins around the lower mounting holes. This keeps the spring always under tension. I guess in the video they talk about lesser quality coilovers only adjusting height the first way which when lowered to much won't have an tension or preload on the spring and it will flop around till the car has weight on the top hat.