View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #3320 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
Find a range that will let you rent pistols, then try several. Make your decision based on how the gun fits your hand, then decide on caliber after shooting it. Most new shooters do better with a 9 than with a .40 or .45. Don't go with an oddball caliber like .45 GAP, it's too hard to find ammo for it. The XDs are nice, I'm not sure but if they have the option to switch calibers by changing barrels, that might be the way to go. I have a SIG P226 in 40 that I switched to .357 SIG by changing barrels. Another thing to keep in mind is what are you going to use the gun for. For CCW use, I'd go with a 9 because recoil is easier to manage and that will equate to more rounds on target. I still carry a .45, but I'm seriously considering switching my carry gun to a 9 after doing some training with Rob Pincus (I hope I spelled that right). Recoil management seems to be the key, I can get 8 rounds of 9 on target faster than I can 8 rounds of .45, and I've sent more than a few thousand rounds downrange. Just my
Couldn't have said that better!

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote