View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #256 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't updated in a while, so here's what's new:

- I finalized my winter setup and purchased Michelin Alpin PA4s, 245/45/18 all around. Mounted on the base 18" wheels I bought from Masa.

I have not tested them in any real snow yet, but in 1-2" of snowy slush they were really good. They are especially good in the dry when it's cold. Very grippy and responsive. It feels like driving on a high-performance all season tire. Hopefully we will get some meaningful snow soon so I can really give them a thorough test.

- I purchased new summer tires since my rears are just about done. Fronts still have life on them but I wanted out of the RE050As. I was going to go with the Super Sports but decided to give the Potenza S-04 a try instead. For $450 less than the Super Sports I figured it's worth a try. I went with 265/35 and 285/35. They'll be mounted in the spring.

- I bought Eibach sway bars. Well, technically they are a Christmas present and I don't get to open them until tomorrow. These two will go on the car in spring. Full stiff front, full soft rear.

- I bought Kinetix front upper control arms. Even though I am staying at stock ride height, I wanted to dial in more front camber. With these I hope to get to around -1.8 up front. I'll put these on in the spring when I do the sway bar install, then get everything aligned when I'm having my tires mounted & balanced.

LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote