Thread: Mustang Dyno
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
MacLean
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 GM Nismo # 0445
MacLean has a spectacular aura aboutMacLean has a spectacular aura aboutMacLean has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
You may not have given the ecu enough time to learn the mods. I'll bet you'll pick up a few more hp as time goes on.

If you want a more comparable number, go find a Dynojet. They're more consistant. I used Powerfab for my baseline. Mustangs have too many variables in the way they're set up to be able to compare numbers with other vehicles.
I agree about the ECU not learning the mods and I have heard that you want to put at least a couple hundred miles on, so that the ECU can pick them up before you dyno the car.

Dynojet supposedly has better (higher) dyno numbers, but it’s all relative. I wouldn’t bank on the actual dyno numbers because not every shop is going to have their dyno’s set up correctly/perfectly. I also wouldn’t recommend that an individual puts all their eggs into one basket and base their whp numbers on the Mustang numbers, or just on one dyno read out. Mustang read outs can be a pretty good kick in the d**k on what you think it should be and what the dyno says it is.

I have heard from countless people that a car losses 15-20% of its total hp before accounting for actual whp. As I stated earlier when I had my dyno done it was 73 outside and several hours later it was in the low 60’s. I guarantee you that I might have been able to squeeze out a max of 10 extra whp (maybe), but I need my ECU to become more familiar with the new mods.
l Meisterschaft Full Cat-Back Exhaust l F. I. Resonated High Flow Cats l Stillen Gen 3 l M370 Intake Manifold l UpRev l JWT Clutch & Flywheel l ZSpeed HD CSC l Stillen 19 Row Oil Cooler l ZSpeed Powercoated Under Tray l GTSpec: 6, 4, 2 Point Brace l
MacLean is offline   Reply With Quote