View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #3133 (permalink)
phantom370z
Track Member

Drives: 14 Nismo 370Z PW
phantom370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensation View Post
sounds like you guys know what your doing in regards to polishing. I may have some questions for you in the future. As for now the body shop doing my paint work is taking care of all of it for me. they recommend a full buff polish once to max twice a year to keep everything looking nice. Id rather learn how to do it myself than pay someone even once a year to do it for me. They've done an excellent job this go round though i must say.
I'm always game to help out if need be...it's also something I do as a side business if you're ever interested. I would say once a year for a full polish would be the most I would do but it's best to re-seal every 6 months depending on the sealant you choose to go with.

I'll share my opinion on doing this stuff yourself and I would take this into serious consideration if it's something you've ever thought about wanting to get into. It's just my opinion but it's probably much cheaper/practical for you and anyone who's interested really to have someone do it for you. I say that because the time/money/products involved in really getting good at doing it is far too much if you're just doing 1-2 cars. I polish probably 10-20 cars a year for various people in the upstate area now... 90% of them *could* do it themselves but it's just not a good investment of their time/money/effort for only taking care of 1-2 cars.

All that being said, if you still really want to get into it I'd be happy to let you meet up when I polish my new Z so you can watch/learn how it all works. Also, it's crucial to get it polished and sealed ASAP when you've had something painted. Not having to correct swirls/marring make it a very easy job...comparatively speaking

Last edited by phantom370z; 12-22-2013 at 05:42 PM.
phantom370z is offline   Reply With Quote