View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #141 (permalink)
puckshaw
Track Member

Drives: 09 PW 370Z Touring
puckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDan50 View Post
I tried DashCommand to read boost also...got crazy numbers :P Don't know why it isn't accurate. Kit sounds good man. Almost makes me want to get my open-pipe external wastegates plumbed into the exhaust. Mine is so loud I can't hear the turbo lol.
So I've been noodling on this and might know why the boost reading is off. Ideally it would calculate boost using the SAE.MAP PID but that's not available on our car. So instead it calculates CALC.MAP using SAE.MAF, SAE.IAT, SAE.RPM, CONST.ENGINE_DISPLACEMENT, and CONST.VOLUMETRIC_EFFICIENCY. Since the SAE parameters are all available, we just have to put in the engine displacement (which is straightforward) and the volumetric efficiency in the vehicle settings. The tricky one is the volumetric efficiency. There are rough calculations you can do if you have your peak torque value. I'll have that after the tune tomorrow. I can calculate it off of my baseline run but that's not accurate with the turbo now installed. I might play with it a little tonight to see if I can dial it in by trial and error.