View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
x10370zx
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z 40th
x10370zx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
You must be doing something wrong. Are you sure you're mashin' the skinny pedal? Both my Zs get hotter than two rats screwin' in a wool sock if I so much as think of accelerating. I thought 220° F was the point at which you turned the block heater on to thaw the thing out.

In all seriousness, I'm thinking of getting an oil cooler for street use (albeit the li'l one). I think for you, I'd get the big-o one.

Once global warming really gets crankin', you'll need the bigger one anyway. Go bigh.
LOL - I swear I give it absolute hell and it still stays pegged on 220! After reading about everyone having trouble with this I did a double take behind the grill to make sure the owner before me didn't add one (got my 40th with about 5K miles on it b/c the guy's wife got prego and had to trade it in for a Maxima... talk about bittersweet!).

Anyways - I'm going to take your and everyone else's advice and get the big dog. Makes the most sense down here in TX and especially when tracking. If it gets a little chilly I'll block it off. Now I say bring on the global warming - I'll have the 34 row to keep me cool
x10370zx is offline   Reply With Quote