View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

^ FYI - The 25 or 34 options listed with most of the kits are usually Series-6, unless whoever's selling the kit tells you otherwise. The 25 row on DR_'s (and mine) is a Series-9, which is wider. The major difference for oil cooling in our two setups at that time was airflow - his was mostly sitting in a stock bumper setup; mine had the grill fins cut out and replaced with metal mesh, and had some aluminum sheet used as an upper mount blocking off a lot of the over-the-top flow, forcing more air through the cooler, and a trans cooler sitting next to it so that there wasn't any easy bypass for the air in that direction either. Others have gone further with basically building a "box" extending forward from the oil cooler so that air that enters its frontal area is forced to go through instead of around.

I think, given the shape of the bumper area, the 25-row series-9 is better than the 34-row series-6, but even a 25-row series 6 helps a lot.