Thread: Engine Build
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #125 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfourteen View Post
Why brace the manifold? Here's mine after ~10k miles:

That highlighted area would be a crack. Every GTM manifold I've seen that has a few thousand miles on it cracks in this same spot.

The shops fabricator is going to repair this and then make a brace to help support the weight of the turbo from the block. I hope the new GTM manifolds everyone is waiting on no longer have this issue!
Did you fix this on the manifold and do you have any photos? What did they do? Yes, I have the same instance. It never affected performance or even made any noise whatsoever.

BTW: I had the off-the-shelf Wiseco 9:0/1 pistons. ANY discussion about lag or being soft at low and mid throttle from my standpoint is irrelevant. My tuner (Mike Botti) did his magic, and if anything it had more grunt than stock. Incredible. It's STILL a big honkin 3.7L V6. Don't overthink this area. Firsthand experience.

Thanks for that post. Let me know, please.

Coop