View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #79 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4r3s View Post
Just throwing this out there. Why are we looking at making another meet closer to DC? I hate driving to Fairfax because of all the traffic and if I'm going to go its because I'm going to visit my brother afterwards. Rockville and the like are just the same as driving all the way to Fairfax as far as I'm concerned. There really is nothing wrong with the current Columbia meet place. I think some are just butt hurt that no one is attending meets regularly in the winter. Sorry, but I'm not interested in standing in a parking lot and freezing my arse off.

If anything I'd propose a place further north to help spread out meet up areas. For example the Hunt Valley Town Center. There's no starbucks but there are other coffee shops there.

If the Columbia meet up location gets moved further south I will no longer be attending meet ups at all. Sorry.
We aren't necessarily committed to moving further south. In fact, it'd be a bad idea if we just up and left Columbia and moved MD to Rockville exclusively. That would alienate too many people. We are just trying to see if there are better options than the current Columbia location that might help our attendance figures and overall improve the experience... i.e. instead of standing in a super busy Target lot we can have something closer to Fairfax, where we are relatively sheltered and in close proximity to a standalone Starbucks and plenty of good eateries.

I happen to like the Arundel Mills location that Shahid posted. It's close enough to Columbia that it won't make a difference for most. It has room to host us, a standalone Starbucks, and a lot of nearby food options...
LIKE us on Facebook!