View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Technically, anti-seize does change things for torque values. I have no idea how much in this particular case, but when you look at specs for *big* nuts (1"+) with torque specs, they're very specific about the conditions under which torque values are measured, and lubrication makes a difference. Even so, I'm not saying the anti-seize will make the nut come loose - it just may change the appropriate torque-wrench measurement value by some small amount.

On the nuts: I've used a few sets of the Muteki on this car (open-ended short ones on extended studs) without any issues, and they've stayed on and unbroken through lots and lots of tire/wheel/brake changes and track weekends. They do seem a little cheaper and thinner than some others (e.g. the Z1 ones, which I've also used successfully and seem a bit more stout), but in my experience they're not unreliable. Then again, I'm also pretty proactive about throwing new studs + lugs on the car about once a year just in case given how often I dismount+remount wheels on this car.