Thread: The Golf Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #110 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
I will flip between a Pro V1 and Pro V1x, though I think the lack of spin on the X helps keep my drive straighter at times, but I'd like to have the control on the green when I need to draw it back (sometimes I can do that, most of the time I'm just happy I'm on the green. )

I haven't decided on a putter yet, though I think I want one of those fat grips on it. I've never hit with one, but it seems it would help with the feel, etc.

I'll go look at putters here soon.

I think if I played a bit more and now that I'm getting my stroke down after lessons, I could be back into mid-80's. I just have to practice more to get the consistency with the irons/short game to get myself back to low-80's or even into the 70's. Man, I'm pumped to play again. I don't know why I stopped for a couple of months!
I do the same if I have both types when I'm driving and approach sometimes lol although when playing for money or a pro-am I can't do that. Typically ill do that just to see if it is the spin from a bad driver swing cutting across the face that is causing my swing. So technically I can call it research lol.

I got a Scotty Cameron black 1.5 with 2 - 15g weights in the bottom. Also it's a solid bent heel shaft. Not the step down nor a straight in design. Don't like either of those styles. Also the fatter grips do feel better but I haven't used one enough to be convinced to switch over yet. Takes a lot of the wrist movement out of the equation for me at least. Not sure how it effects others.

Sadly I shot mostly high 80s and some low 90s this summer but I didn't play barely at all this year. Did like 2 outings and maybe got out once or twice a month at best. It rained on a lot of Weekends this summer here in Pittsburgh. Ruined most of my free time for golf.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote