View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #1471 (permalink)
FortuneLSX-TT
Base Member

Drives: 10 NismoTT MB M6
FortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSnacks View Post
Your insurance company has its own lawyers that will go to bat for you. You don't need a lawyer. This is a no fault accident (two rear ends) so it will not affect your premium. File a claim immediately.
Went and got my own estimate today just to see how close to the 10k limit we would be, and to help decide which way to go.

I'm at 5.6k by myself of the 10k without them taking off the bumper to see the full extent of the damage.

The g/f's car has damage to both front and back, so that made that decision pretty easy. We'd exhaust that 10k between the two of us before we even got to the rental cars for a few weeks worth of downtime.

I went and got two quotes today. The first one didn't seem all that excited about having to do a quote that they felt was useless because the insurance company would have to do their own quote later. The second shop listened to my situation and was more than willing to write me up a proper quote. They also immediately identified the damage to the rear quarter panels and showed me where you could clearly see the damage if you know where to look. Something the first shop did not. That made it very easy. The first shop wanted to work for the insurance company and do whatever they said. The second shop wanted to work for me and make sure my car got fixed right.

The second shop saw the above ^^ and needless to say, in addition to the quarter panels it is where it differs from the first shop significantly. The first shop couldn't even be bothered to take the interior piece off that was barely hanging on. It may be hard to tell from the picture, but that is inside the hatch area by the spare tire. The rear shell of the car is pushed in significantly.

State Farm feels confident that they should be able to get us the deductible money before our cars are finished. Official estimate is scheduled for Wed, and the estimate is that it should take 10 business days. So if all goes well, I should have my car back by Christmas.
GTM TT, OS Giken GT clutch, Greddy Ti-C, Z1 test pipes, Hawk HP+ pads, steel braided brake lines, ZSpeed CSC, 34r oil cooler, CSF radiator, HKS EVC 6 boost controller, Whiteline sways, Swift Springs, Kinetix adj camber package, Osiris UPrev tune
FortuneLSX-TT is offline   Reply With Quote