View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #1547 (permalink)
TerribleONE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WOT
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute

I figured I should post this here as well for guys who are on the fence or waiting for their kit.

Alright guys here are my initial impressions. Keep in mind I only have about 400 miles or so of seat time so this is just a preliminary review. Once I put about 1k miles or so I will go more in depth about the entire experience. Before I go any further I want to thank Tony and Dan at F.I for all the work they put in, and IMO creating the best TT kit for our platform. Also Seb at Specialty Z.

Okay, now the car! Lol As I said I have put about 400 miles on the car or so and F.I has put on about another 450-500 miles on top of that. So far we have not had any issues with leaks, or any other weird quirks. Just to clarify incase some of you do not know I am running their turn key kit with the GTX2867s. See signature or previous pages for dyno #s. I will just touch on the performance real quick before my detailed review.

Throttle response: This is where the kit really shines. I have not driven any other boosted 370s however I have gone for a few rides and have driven a TT HR 350Z multiple times and nothing has ever felt this responsive. Hell even the GT-Rs iv driven or multiple series of MB bi-turbo V8s cant match it. There seems to be zero lag whatsoever, and IIRC I can still clamp the wastegates down a little longer for even better response. I will have a lot more to say I am sure once I run it on the 100 octane tune!

The buttdyno (very critical and scientific tool): I have not played with my boost controller at all as I still need to go over a few things with Dan before I do so I am running about 8.5PSI peak and holding around 8PSI all the way to redline and the car still pulls like an animal! I cannot wait to turn it up to 10PSI after we retune for the new 3" downpipes and get the fuel issue totally sorted out. Do keep in mind I have not seen any dangerous FPs throughout my driving but I would rather be safe than sorry. Should be hitting the dyno again in a few weeks.

Other than that the car sounds and runs great! The BOVs sound awesome and I missed that VHR exhaust note from my G37 although I do wish the car was a little louder still. As I said I have not experienced anything weird at all and we have definitely put the car through its paces. Stay tuned for more!well for everyone on the fence or waiting for their kit!