View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #41 (permalink)
vipor
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo 09-0183 QAB
vipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
True that is a great amp, there very powerful and can run basically whatever you want. The fuse should be no more than 12 inches away because any farther it might be able to grab the surge in time, as some people would say. I know what you are saying but I have put a kicker fuse block with the battery and it fit pretty well. As I said good install.
If you're talking about the fuse taking the hit vs. the amp then it only needs to be at least 18 inches from the amp. That's the rule of thumb for commercial fire alarms anyways.

@ OP - Very clean work. I had high hopes once I saw the mdf speaker rings for the front door. Got better when you painted them lol. Even though you only consider it as a hobby, your work is top notch.

I'd look into some sort of ported enclosure for the 8" woofers in that location. I had a pair of 8s in my old 240 in a push-pull ported enclosure and it had suprisingly low frequency response but was still clean. (The rear seats weren't in, so it was sharing the same airspace.)

Another idea I toyed with was either 6-1/2" or 8" midbass drivers in the doors and attempting to fab some kick panel enclosures, relocating the tweeters too. I haven't looked into the room available vs. foot room though, doesn't seem promising.

2009 NISMO # 0193 | QAB | Albums! | 05.04.10 (Dynojet) 291.94hp/248.28tq
Oil Cooler (DIY) | Custom Headlights | GTSPEC Braces | F.I. Long Tube Headers
vipor is offline   Reply With Quote