View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rangerz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370 Nismo
Rangerz has a spectacular aura aboutRangerz has a spectacular aura about
Default Fuel Trim Readings?

Let me give some history with what I have done and some of the readings I have gotten.

I installed new FI HFC and TDX the first week in Nov. In my rush to install it I disconnected the battery late in the install and had my son press the brake pedal to clear the ECU. Another thing in the rush to get it on the road to heat cycle the exhaust was I forgot to connect the passenger side MAF plug. I drove it about 500 feet then realized what I had done and connected it with the car running. I should mention that the ECU clearance cleared my trip computer and clock but I retained my radio settings.

I run the torque APP on my phone and have several things being displayed but, want to ask about the Fuel Trim Bank 1 (Short Term) Fuel Bank 2 (Long Term) and the same for Bank 2.

When logging at start up my Short Term bank 1 and 2 would read different. The displayed range fluctuates alot but they were never cycling the same one going up one down or the numbers were 4-5 digits different same for bank 2.

Tonight I installed a stillen Gen 3 and disconnected the battery first thing. This time it cleared everything and the radio settings as well. Just got back from a drive and when my ECU relearned its self the bank 1 and 2 reading are cycling the same and are about 20 digits different. Before at idle speeds they would read 4.something now 27. something then they slowly fall lower but together which looks like what they should be doing. The long term cycle for both I assume are for higher RPM's more throttle etc..

I'm not sure how accurate the torque app is but, I would think on everything that is read from the ECU it should be pretty close.

Does anyone know what the normal cycle numbers are for the Bank 1 & 2 short/long term fuel trim readings should be? I would think they should cycle the same numbers from side to side.

Car feels like it has more torque the horsepower readings are based off of the phone accelerometer and your car profile so I don't throw much stock in those readings.

Thanks

Oh and Huck if you read this thanks for your vid on the stillen install.
Stillen Gen III/ NST/ Fast Intentions Non-Res HFC & 12" Resonated CF TDX/ Setreb series 9 OC/ SPL upper control arms/ Whiteline front & rear swaybars/ Uprev tuned by Seb@specialtyZ/ 319HP 262TQ/ Z1 PS Cooler/ Z1 SS Premium break lines/ CJM Road Race pump/Carbotech F:XP10 R:XP8 Nismo OC DIY

Last edited by Rangerz; 11-29-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Rangerz is offline   Reply With Quote