View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the velcro you use: some of the crappy brands/types will melt, some of the better ones won't. I even had 3M's good velcro melt on me (the adhesive melted really, not the strip itself) at one point, but it did so during the summer while the plate was off the car and I was running very hot track days.

What I do these days is just block off a large chunk of the front grill itself for cold drives. Sure it reduces flow to the intakes as well, but if you're just trying to survive cold weather and get oil/water up to temps faster, it's much easier. If you have the stock front grill with the big fins: cut an appropriately-sized rectangle of thin Aluminum sheet from the hardware store, drill little holes in the corners, paint it black, and then use zip-ties through the holes and around the fins...

Last edited by wstar; 11-27-2013 at 11:04 AM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote