View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #833 (permalink)
ValidusVentus
Enthusiast Member

Drives: #18 Z34
ValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by myotorsports View Post
As you know VV heat rises. Old school radiators used to have the outlet on top and the inlet on the bottom- the hotter coolant left the engine and was cooled as it made its way down the core. I'm sure the same principle would apply to an oil cooler. Mounting it sideways would make the most of this effect as well, if the core were plumbed this way.

yeah I was thinking backwards ... but I think you were also thinking backwards when you typed that?? The outlet would be for the "cooler coolant" yes? and hence, at the bottom.