View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Can anyone come up with a design/engineering reason for these findings? How do Akebonos differ from the 'better' aftermarket options? What would cause ABS malfunction rather than the usual fade with repeated stops?

I was pretty impressed with my Akebonos during my track day last week, and I was routinely getting into the ABS by the end of the day.
When you were "getting into the ABS" this was more than likely the malfunction we are talking about. You feel the ABS kick in, lose about 50% braking force for a second and then it decides to grip again. The hotter it gets the longer it cuts out for. The sad part is that it doesn't take particularly high rotor temperatures to get into this state. I don't think the calipers are solely to blame for the problem however people that have replaced their calipers have seen the problem go away.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote