View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Mkai0
Base Member

Drives: 2008 G35 Sedan
Mkai0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmogirl View Post
Well today was a good day, I have a few more options on the table. One being a long block out of a g37 with only 10k miles. I contacted s&r out of tampa to build it but he couldn't find pistons in a 10.1 compression. I worry that a 9.1 comp will make it laggy... Any thoughts. Keep in mind Iam looking boosting around 16psi.
My engine builder here in San Antonio runs a performance shop and is also a Certified Master Infiniti Technician. He HIGHLY recommends using CP Pistons for his GTR or VQ builds. He told me to go with a standard bore 10:1 or 9:5.1. I chose the latter. I asked him why not .20 oversized, he told me that he has built hundreds of blocks while at Infiniti and there was not one that needed to go with overbore pistons. He also mentioned of how thin the VQ sleeves already were in stock form. My 9:5.1 pistons are custom made from CP and purchased through Kyle at IPP. If SA, Texas isn't too far from you, I highly recommend my builder.