View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
ValidusVentus
Enthusiast Member

Drives: #18 Z34
ValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that is a pretty install CB, the lower routing makes for a much less cluttered routing compared to mine which travels right next to my right air filter of the Gen 3. I also had to retighten my fittings once or twice to stop a slow leak. I think the mounting with fittings on top is so that the oil cooler stays full when the car is shut down and doesn't oil starve the engine while its being filled up by the oil pump. (I could be wrong on this but this is what I recall hearing when I went to install mine a few years ago.)

On another note found a really good page on oil an oil lubrication/cooling in general late last night: Motor Oil 101 - Bob is the Oil Guy

This is the only data I have ever seen that talks about lubrication at low oil temps. I had figured that it was important and knew the majority of engine wears occurs right after startup but this goes very in depth and really educates you on how critical proper viscosity and temps are.

Edit: Even if you don't read it, one key takeaway: don't get on it if your oil is cold! Not just your water temp (throwing a bunch of cold water on a hot engine block isnt good in the long run either)

Last edited by ValidusVentus; 11-26-2013 at 04:44 PM.
ValidusVentus is offline   Reply With Quote