Thread: Square Setup???
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rangerz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370 Nismo
Rangerz has a spectacular aura aboutRangerz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS138 View Post
For street use I can not see the point in running square setup unless there is something purely aesthetic you want to do.

And yes when you run 275 on all 4 or any other width on all 4 it is a square setup.

Tires of the same make and size will not crown anymore or less with same PSI unless there is a defect in one of them.

Performance wise, it will increase steering capacity and lateral load capabilities, but depending on a lot of things it can cause aero drag and is not ideal for drag racing either because it increases weight.

What are you trying to do w a square setup? Drag, road racing, just looks/street setup?

Drag, don't do it.
Road racing, ideal to some, but you sacrifice some things for the extra grip.
Street/looks. Nope waste of money unless there is something you find personally appealing about it.
I'm trying to get better handling without breaking the bank for NASA track days (primarily) autox (Secondary). The plan for mods next year is to:

1. Get the Tune done
2. 34 row Oil Cooler
3. SPL upper control arm
4. New set of tires when the stockers are gone ( Still running Yoko Advans)

The tire purchase would be a need to do anyway and I was looking for better performance mainly on turn in like other have talked about. The auto x is just a fun thing not concerned in the least about which class etc... from my small exposure this year to out SCCA group they were pretty disorganized and I really prefer the track to auto x when it comes down to it.

The square setup question was based off of what I had read and wondering if (with stock Nismo rims 9.5 and 10.5) going with 35's on all fours would be a good route to take. Looking at RE-11's, RS3's and DirezaII
Stillen Gen III/ NST/ Fast Intentions Non-Res HFC & 12" Resonated CF TDX/ Setreb series 9 OC/ SPL upper control arms/ Whiteline front & rear swaybars/ Uprev tuned by Seb@specialtyZ/ 319HP 262TQ/ Z1 PS Cooler/ Z1 SS Premium break lines/ CJM Road Race pump/Carbotech F:XP10 R:XP8 Nismo OC DIY
Rangerz is offline   Reply With Quote