View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cbtech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Cbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipsWithDips View Post
I'm looking to upgrade by base stereo system. I don't consider myself a picky audiopohile by any means, but the base system has no midrange and basically sounds like deleted entire instruments or parts of songs when I listen to it. I'm just looking for something with decent sound quality, don't need a ton of bass and don't typically play music very loud.

This is my plan so far:
JVC KDX250BT
Ebay Bezel
Polk MM6501
PAC SWI-RC
Metra 70-7552

These should all be compatible right? Anything else I'm missing? I read somewhere about using a zenclosures spacer for the door speakers, is that necessary?

The headunit is really cheap but seems to have decent reviews and looks like it does everything I want. It doesn't have disc player, but I've never used a CD in my stock stereo since I've had this car. The main thing I want is just Android Pandora compatibility. I only really either listen to pandora or FM radio. I'm just wondering if something this low cost unit will still be able to provide a decent sound quality. I can't imagine it being any worse than stock.

Will the speakers run well off the headunit and no external amp? I'm trying to keep this setup fairly simple and in general I like to remove weight rather than add any extra to my car.

For the steering wheel switches is there any reason to get the Axxess over the PAC?
if you have a BASE Z you dont need the metra kit as the stock hole with fit a double din. (NON Bose) if you have Bose then, yes, that kit is fine.

you will also need this for the antenna

Yes the speaker set is complete for both left and right. home speakers are a different story.

Quote:
Will the speakers run well off the headunit and no external amp? I'm trying to keep this setup fairly simple and in general I like to remove weight rather than add any extra to my car.
yes but this headunits continuous power rating is 20 watts RMS these speakers continuous power rating is 125 RMS. you will be severely underpowering these speakers. You want to try to match if not slightly exceed the power rating of the speaker to be able to a good solid sound throughout the volume dial.

Quote:
For the steering wheel switches is there any reason to get the Axxess over the PAC?
The Axxess was a beotch for me and i ended up scrapping it. I havent installed the PAC to know how that one is. Others will say the Axxess is easy but for me it didnt work, and im not that stupid.