View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
winnre
Track Member

Drives: '14 370Z Touring Spt
winnre is a name known to allwinnre is a name known to allwinnre is a name known to allwinnre is a name known to allwinnre is a name known to allwinnre is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
Well, Truecar is interesting.
Truecar gave me numbers but ALL the dealers have their own add-ons which truecar does not account for. They offer stuff that is 99% profit, for instance they have the VIN serialized on all the parts (don't care), offer 5-year cleaning of the interior (don't care) or offer Lo-Jack (so-so). The car I got has the third tail light that blinks. I hate that. I guess the dealer can disable it. It's hard to buy a plain vanilla car!

Quote:
Hey guys,
I'm just about to buy my first 370z, but I am facing a dilemma. After a lot of searching online, I can get a 2013 model or I can buy a 2014 with everything I want except for the desired body color.

But then I've read that the Tokyo Motor Show is next week and Nissan will unveil the next generation body type.
I got a 2014 and it was not my original color desire, but the inside has ALL the bells and whistles. I have A7, Bose, Nav/Touring, and Sports package. I was afraid I'd have to go without Sports or Nav but I got it all at the cost of color only. A great trade since I plan to be the driver all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTom View Post
I'm in same boat as you makes sense to go 2014 new with the price drop. But now waiting to see the new Z.
I'm glad I bought now. The new design is not going to be like a new computer where the old models are basically unsellable. It will be many month before a new car comes out to see in person and by then you will be waiting for the next one. Live now!

Quote:
That said, I have noticed that the Truecar valuation for 2014 models has dropped ~$800 in the past week alone. So I remain a patient man.
Check with FightingChance.com as well if you want to be real picky. I got my deal by waiting about 60 days before pulling the trigger. Don't settle but don't sweat the small stuff either.
winnre is offline   Reply With Quote