View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #2016 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
I'm definitely getting rid of the resonators. The crossover pipe is right there but not in the way. But as mentioned having equal pressure is the question. Is that is a issue I wonder why the crossover is a little more than half way back. I assume it doesn't matter as long as it happens before exit.
Yeah, IIRC, the crossover is near the middle, but more towards the rear on the Ti-C exhaust.

Exhaust scavenging is a tricky game. It's something you can actually calculate, but at the end of the day, the best way is to just experiment with different setups. All in all, I would keep the crossover. Like another poster said, the cross over also helps reduce unwanted frequencies and raspiness, since the two sides will collide and create a standing wave for that particular resonance frequency.

Another thing to note - since we have a v6, our exhaust pulses are in thirds for each bank, and that makes pressure wave propagation a bastard to figure out, especially when you remove the balancing aspect of a crossover.