View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
ReZurrected
Base Member

Drives: 2013 MBlue S/T/N 7AT
ReZurrected is on a distinguished road
Angry Winner, winner, chicken dinner

So this gem lit up this morning:

Not sure if I could count the amount of obscenities that came out of my mouth while driving it to the dealership. My baby is brand new (just purchased my 2013 S/T/N 7AT in May), and only 7,500 miles. When I bought the car I did feel that the shifting was off (RPMs were way too high before it would auto-shift), and it got even worse last week in the colder weather. I took it to get an oil change this past Friday and I mentioned the shifting but the dealership didn't say/do anything about it (then again I brought it in a 6 and they close at 7). My light came on this morning while driving to work, so I took it to the shop immediately thinking that maybe it had to do with the oil change -- maybe a filter was loose or something, but they came back and said they had to reprogram my transmission.

Alright so the transmission is covered for 36k miles, but my biggest concern is what if the poor shifting results in some kind of issues after the warranty expires? Clearly I can't burn out the clutch since it's not manual, but I'm sure badly shifted automatics have some kind of tell-tale problem signs? Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on what I should do to check to make sure everything is 100%?
ReZurrected is offline   Reply With Quote