View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 03:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
A ground is a ground but which one of those grounds goes to the switch is important when you do your rewiring since you don't seem to be sure that the switch pins are in the middle of the connector and the illum pins are on the outside as per the FSM I have.

You seem to be adept at Redneck Engineering, so run a hot wire to one side of your test lamp (use a fuse) and a wire from one side of the switch (the uninstalled switch, not the wiring) to ground. Wire the other end of the test light to the other terminal on the switch. You should have a series circuit from hot to light to switch to ground. Push the button and the light should come on. This will verify the switch terminals and you should be able to tell which wire it is from that.

Just thought of this and don't want to edit all that above: You can use the light for the ground wire and run the hot straight to the switch.
I'm sure your right and it would make sense. Middle 2 (1 and 2) are for the switch on/off of hazards and s-mode and outside 2 (3 and 4) are for when the lights come on so you can see the button at night.

Lol hey I turn a wrench great, just never learned, studied, read up on electronics and stuff. If the manual doesn't say red to green, blue to black etc I'm lost.

Took me a minute to understand all that but I already know what my terminals will be for the new switch so I don't need to do all that (unless I'm totally lost). I'm getting confused because we might be talking about 2 different things.

Here's my switch...

Box says 1 prong for 12v, 1 prong for ground, and 1 prong LED (it's the single copper one)

So if grounds a ground then just hook the orange and black together and run them to the ground prong on the new switch and Blk/yel and gre/wht together on the other switch?

But I feel that's wrong or why else would nissan make a 4 wire switch when 3 would do? I think I'll need to leave 1 ground wire taped up. the inside of the new switch has the LED able to be grounded using the negative side of the LED to the ground prong already in place?

I guess using just one ground would mean unlike OEM where I'll have a button light off during the day and on at night with the headlight, the new switch and LED I'll have to decide if its a 24/7 on light or only on when I turn the headlights on...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by synolimit; 11-11-2013 at 04:04 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote