View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
... the 2nd/green to 12v?? Is power the BCM terminals? Looks like it from the manual since the battery has a wire feeding the BCM. Any idea on which is the LED when you turn the head lights on the button lights up? Will the 4th wire just get deleted since the new switch won't be able to blink or something when you turn them on?
Do NOT hook up power to the center terminals!!! Power for the switch is provided by the BCM. It is a "sinking" input - that terminal on the BCM is hot until you press the button and then it is sunk to ground potential.

I'm not sure about the light. I didn't see anything in the FSM whilst looking up the other info (doesn't mean it's not there, just that I didn't see it). What I would try is activating the switch and taking some readings with a voltage meter. One of the outside terminals should have 12V when the flashers are on (may be pulsing) and the other outside terminal will probably go to ground.