Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 04:00 AM   #641 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's impolite to be detailed on pricing publicly, but I think it was a fair price, and it definitely wasn't as much as $5K either. You're free to build your own, it's your car I paid for expertise and a job well done, and I'm happy with my purchase.

Just got back from my "late night after all the drunks are off the road" test drive out in the sticks. You can definitely feel the added weight, but that's the price of admission, I'm ok with it. The change in the car's stiffness and predictability was *really* nice. I think this may have been more of a cornering upgrade for the car than all my suspension work so far combined. It's just so... solid and predictable. I don't know how else to describe it, but it's a nice change I'm sure some of that isn't just the cage itself, but the fact that I'm locked down in real harnesses and rigidly-mounted seats for the first time in this car.

Last edited by wstar; 11-09-2013 at 04:07 AM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote