Thread: Hard driving?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #45 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidZ370 View Post
I SWEAR i looked up for 25 minutes and couldnt find anything what do you consider driving hard? i have a 7at and never go over 6500 rpms only have hit that mark 2x im on my 550th mile lmfaoo... i cant not have fun with this car especially after that crappy *** civic si i had for a good year. give me some advice as i am new to the whole Z driving thing. ALSO SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP i couldnt find it and after i ended up in the honda forum searching via google i gave up ]=
(Shouldve gotten the 6MT fml )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
So we've decided to ignore the break-in procedure in the manual?

And if you're so upset about the 7at, why did you buy it?
Yes and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidZ370 View Post
Out of curiosity, what are the effects if you shift over 4 k
Perhaps a new short block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaedub View Post
And you should've gotten the 6MT. So much more fun IMO.
again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzgood View Post
I might have to do this. I just got a speeding ticket... my second of 2013. Before getting the Z, my most recent citation happened in early 2006.

To answer OP's question, I think driving hard in this car is kind of impossible on the street without entering felony territory. Full throttle at 6.5 revs can be terrifying, especially with the vibration in the manual gear lever.
Why is this terrifying? How does the vibration of the gear lever play in? I hope you are not looking at the stick while driving at terrifying speeds.

A poll may be in order. "Who is terrified at 6500 rpm's"
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote