View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #1106 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post

Your second problem is that with headers(not needed) & test pipes, exhaust plus no tune = your car running very lean. Not only performance suffer but it is not good for the well being of the engine.

When you make so many changes, a tune is a MUST!!! You need the timing, fuel, everything adjusted/matched up to the NEW/DIFFERENT working PARTS.

Also these mods are for high rpm H.P. So that's another reason for gears.
Not only it takes you a long time to get to top/high H.P. but after every shift the rpm drops so much that again you are far from your high H.P. It's almost a miracle that you did this well.

Just get smaller/lighter wheels for the rear, plus a set of M/T or Nitto street/drag radials. You can drive with those to the track, then drive back home.
Umm I have cai, LTH, basically a straight pipe CBE and still running rich as when I was almost stock. There's no way he's running lean if I'm running rich. My motors well being is extremely safe at about 23-24 degrees of timing and 11.9-12.4 AFR. This was all logged and dyno'd.

I also don't 100% agree with lighter wheels/tires/flywheel/pullies etc on a drag car. When shifting the rpms will actually drop faster than if the car had heavier components that keep the inertia up and spinning. The OEM wheels are light enough.

Last edited by synolimit; 11-05-2013 at 08:57 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote