View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #65 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
really a bigger intercooler doesnt do anything?
I keep re-reading his post, and I can't find where he said a bigger intercooler didn't do anything. Of course a bigger intercooler will cool the air more, assuming there isn't too much pressure drop across the core and you have to spin the turbo faster (generating more heat) to maintain the same boost pressure.

Quote:
also i dont know where you are getting those numbers but im pretty sure it only plays out with stock intercoolers(and even then it doesnt seeing as MCM put a CAI on a R34 and only gained 1kw and that was a stupid setup with the filter out in front of the dyno fan) but stepping up to a bigger intercooler will do much more for your car over a CAI
Colder air into the inlet side of the intercooler will always end up with colder air out of the intercooler. Any intercooler. I'm not sure how that's even a point of discussion.
Quote:
but hey what would you WRX guys know, you all tend to use small TMIC over a FMIC
That's because going to a FMIC on that motor adds quite a bit of lag. I ran both. The TMIC heat soaks more when stopped, but it's a lot more responsive. You're comparing it to an inline four where going to a FMIC didn't add that much piping. On an EJ, it added eight feet of pipe..