View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

the rims alone are 4k, the bodykit is 5k, the suspension, sways, and dampers are at least $1700, the exhaust is about $1500, brakes are about $3k, diff (junk) will run about 1k, and SRM which you can't buy. if you were to buy it all new from Nissan (I'm guesstimating), you're looking at $16,000. Resale and vendors, it would still cost at least $10,000. Even if you sold all your base parts, I'll be generous and give $3,000, you're still $7,000 deep and we haven't paid for labor.

If you want to do your own mods, that make it similar to a Nismo from a base or touring, you're still at least $10,000 deep. Yes, Nismo cost $13,000 over the base model, with the sport package, you could get 3/4 of the Nismo mods for 1/4 the price. This tells me anyone who bought a base model to turn it into Nismo like performance is a poor choice. You could trade your car in for a SP, do the mods and still have less in it than if you'd start with a base model.

Oh, and the Nismo is just a bit sharper here and there compared to a SP Z. If you almost like a base or sport model, maaaaaybe the Nismo is for you. If you don't like the base or SP, Nismo isn't enough to change your mind.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote