View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #45 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
I don't think isolated testing like torsion tests are going to be as valuable as telemetry and lap times. Simplest question to ask yourself is...did it make me go faster? Can't really do that safely and consistently anywhere else other than at the track.

When you test it on the track you test the entire solution, driver, car and the part that has been changed.
True, I agree. But if a part was truly better/bigger/stronger/stiffer than a driver should be able to get into a car without knowing what was changed and go faster. If not then what was the point of spending the money? If these cars love big front bars then a torsion test would be valuable data for people to plainly see "I need that one."

Seems everyone likes the hotchkins here while a thread in 12 everyone was hating on it. Stating WL and stillen did testing while Hotchkins just slapped it on a car and flicked the wheel back and forth to show youtubers its stiffer. Chrisslicks even stated its poor R&D and a lot of tuning had to go into his settings to make up for it. To each their own.