Thread: 370z or nsx
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #40 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoala View Post
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, however, Ive been reading this forum for the last 2-3 months ( a lot of helpful info). Anyways, I owned a 95 NSX at the moment, but every time I see a 370z on the road it always make me drool...haha. After reading the forum, I' m leaning toward trading the nsx in for a 13 Z. I have a gti for DD, so I'm not too concerned with mpg or roughness. It's most likely will be my weekend toy like the nsx is now. Really, I just want honest opinion from current Z owners on whether I should go ahead with it. Please let me know what you all think.

Thanks,
Khoala
There is so much subjectivity in looks. The Z is not a bad looking car but given the choice between driving the NSX or the 370z, I wager you will find 90%+ of folks go with NSX if they are drivers.

Its a mid-engined car designed to take down the exotics with a running cost that is not bad. Its not dirt cheap (few people work on them, the early clutches are expensive to fix, ring gear issues IIRC) but its no I-talian in maintenance costs either.

The Z will give you an arguably more modern interior, and a smooth reliable power plant that is nothing spectacular. Its an excellent V6. Its not a engine for the ages in any respect however.

The NSX is a timeless design with a unique power plant. You should get a stiffie/drop an egg with every 8K shift.

I always wanted to own one but I made the more pragmatic decision to buy a 2007 cayman over a used NSX due to the NSX in decent condition holding its value. I don't think 40-50K on a 15-20yo car is a good idea for me.

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote