View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #6702 (permalink)
shawnski
Base Member

Drives: 12 zx14r, 12 370z
shawnski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrelic View Post
Little update:

Turned my car into the best collision shop around me. Did the estimate and supplemental as well. $15,000 for total parts/labor.

My insurance company did not total the car, they agreed to allow the repairs.

My question to you guys is this...

Have any of you had an accident where it was over $10K payout from an insurance company with a sports car? How much did your rates go up?

I am 27 years old, this is my first accident and Ive been with my insurance provider for over 7 years.

If I am in the grey area where I get the car back, and nothing has reported on the car fax yet, should I just immediately trade the car for another car? I looked up the PA laws, you do not need to disclose an accident, only a change in title if it was flooded, salavaged, or rebuilt.

Im looking at getting a truck again, lol.

let me know what you guys think.

most insurance companies as long as it is no frame damage or unibody damage and it is cosmetic damage ( PARTS AND PAINT) they will not total the car.. and i bet it won't cost them 15k either, they probably put alot of after market parts too.. good luck with getting all the lines and gaps even and nice paint job..

it will show on car fax when the job is done, and whoever you sell it to ( private buyer) will look at car fax and ask you about the damage and if i were you i will be honest about it.. trade it in dealership will probably cost 4-5k on trade in value of the car depends on how good of job bodyshop did..

Last edited by shawnski; 10-24-2013 at 03:38 PM.