Thread: dash melting
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbrah View Post
Like Andrew statd, this problem was common with the infiniti FX. After many people complained, Infiniti finally issued recall letters to notify FX owners that they will replace a new dashboard under warranty. My boss had this occurred on his FX50 where the dashboard bubbled up in different areas and feels sticky, basically the dash material had melted under high heat. He had it replaced by infiniti earlier this year, but they kept his car for a week.

You're the first to have it happen with the Z so there maybe a slim chance Nissan will cover it, unless more people start having the same issue and prompted them to do a recall. Can you post up some pics of your dash?
Yep, my buddy had his FX45 and FX50 dash replaced