View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
vipor
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo 09-0183 QAB
vipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes709 View Post
Thats the same issue im having now. Alot of places dont have the wiring harness for either a aftermarket alarm or auto starter. From what i been told is you have to replace the alarm with a full aftermarket alarm...im going to use Viper 2 for my example because thats the alarm i had on my old car.

Like you already figured, if you have a aftermarket alarm that will control the alarm, lock,unlock and trunk. However you still need your factory FOB to start the car. I'm pretty sure your factory fob can still lock/unlock the car but it wont turn your alarm on/off. So in other words you will need both the aftermarket fob and your factory fob with you.
Typically the alarm will have a pulse to arm or disarm the factory alarm. Also, remote start systems have outputs to disable the factory alarm before remote starting so as to not make the car think it's being stolen. The CAN-Bus interface talks directly to the car and makes it think the Fob is in the under-dash port so it will start without you there. Being that it doesn't use a prox technology noone should be able to come up and unlock the doors while it's started. Now that I think about it the factory disarm will probably unlock the doors so a secondary pulse would need to be sent to lock the doors after the factory alarm is disarmed. Easy to do.

2009 NISMO # 0193 | QAB | Albums! | 05.04.10 (Dynojet) 291.94hp/248.28tq
Oil Cooler (DIY) | Custom Headlights | GTSPEC Braces | F.I. Long Tube Headers
vipor is offline   Reply With Quote