View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #2964 (permalink)
1cleanZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 PW Nismo
1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfull View Post
Just had my new non res x pipe installed, and it sounds AWESOME. Obviously there is a noticeably higher volume to the exhaust now. I'd estimate there is maybe 40-50% more volume when I'm on the gas. Idling and just cruising at lower rpms it's not bad at all though. Carbon fiber mufflers+ non res sounds so good. I was looking at the connections on the old midpipe to where they connected to the lead pipes and I could see a decent amount of residue kinda melted on from the existing gaskets. The other end that connected to the mufflers was much more clean. Obviously this is from the difference in temperature at the different ends of the x pipe. They guys that installed it said they had no problems and it fit perfectly so I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem. I linked some pics below. Otherwise, everything looks and sounds great and I can't wait to really get on it after I put a few more miles on it to break it in.

Coming from owning a G37 and having an SS catback with 18" resonators...and later adding Resonated HFCs, I knew I would be running a similar setup on my Nismo.

I elected to go with a NONresonated Xpipe paired with Resonated HFCs and absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!! After completing the install Saturday morning, I wasn't even a mile away from my house and had already gotten 2 different cars give me a thumbs up...and then later another one at a stop light.

Will be doing a full write-up review on here as well as the MyG37 forum with incabin vids, gopro and comparable vids of a local G35 coupe that owns a non-res X with CF canisters.

2009 PW Nismo #0021 -My Built Progress >>1cleanG to 1cleanZ<<
Team NextLevel
1cleanZ is offline   Reply With Quote